Tuesday, July 26, 2011

How does your garden grow?

      What in the world is wrong with me?!  I couldn't believe it the other day when I realized there were no photos of the garden up!  Geez!  Sorry about that I feel so silly.  Here are a few of the photos I took this weekend.  Please forgive the fact that we haven't cut the lawn or weeded.  The kids and I got out after I did the photos and got the beds cleaned up real nice.  Here are the three beds that Photo dude and Molly got built for us.  They are working quite well.  The heat and humidity that we've had seem to have really made the plants happy too :)  At least something likes the weather. 

The tomatoes are growing great and all of the plants have bunches of tomatoes.  The Hungarian Hot peppers are also doing really well and are almost ready to be harvested.   

I'm not sure we are going to get more than what you can see in the photo the plants don't seem to have more flowers on them.  Oh well, the Jalapeno plants are going gangbusters so we'll have plenty of those for poppers (or jalapeno jelly). 
I did not have the best planning skills this year.  My pepper bed is nicely organized in straight staggered lines but then you look at the other beds and they are no were near as neat.  The middle bed is especially a hot mess.  Every year those darn zucchini plants surprise me with there size!  

This bad lad is about four feet by four feet, it takes up most of the bed.  We also have three broccoli plants growing and a bunch of bush beans, watermelon and cucumbers!!!  What on earth was I thinking?  Guess that by the time we planted I just wanted to get stuff into the ground.  I will be making much better notes for next years garden.

   Photo Dude is very good at getting the vine plants trained up the lines.  He does yell at them a bit like they are kids invading each others space and I think it is really cute.  That's my guy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for stopping by today!