Monday, September 7, 2009

First Bento of the year


Oh my god when did I get old enough to have a first grader and a preschooler?! I think I'm having a panic attack! Okay I think I'm better now (no not really). To kick the school year off I packed each of the kids a homemade lunch. I'm calling it Bento but it in no way looks like some of the gorgeous creations I've seen other moms come up with and ya' know what? I'm so okay with that. Little dude doesn't really need a lunch but if I'm packing one I might as well do two right? The sandwiches are roast beef, American cheese and whole wheat bread, they both have grapes and the Pixie's lunch has some tomatoes in it. Little dude wouldn't eat tomatoes like that if they were the last thing on earth so he'll probably get some extra carrot sticks or something later in the day for snacks. I probably won't post all the kid's lunches but I'll share a few along the way. Hope those of you with kids going back to school today enjoy the peace and quiet that you get for a few hours.
Happy cooking!
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for stopping by today!