Sunday, November 28, 2010

Ready for some greens

I don't know about you but I'm ready for something a little greener in my diet. As much as I love all the traditional favorites at Thanksgiving it always leaves me a little weighed down feeling in the food department. So this is a salad I whipped up to serve with the turkey leftovers and lighten the load.

Romaine Lettuce
Baby Spinach
Crumbled Blue Cheese
Dried Cranberries
Toasted Walnuts
Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing

Toasting the walnuts is totally optional but it really does add an amazing crunch and makes them extra flavorful. All I did was place them in a cold skillet and kept the heat on low. Every couple of minutes swoosh them around the pan and once you can smell them when you are at the stove they are done. Don't try to rush them and turn the heat up because they will scorch and that just isn't yummy at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for stopping by today!