Sunday, May 15, 2011

Jalapeno Poppers The Mans Way

OK so you are probably wondering what is up with the title. Well I (Jeff a.k.a. Photo Dude) made poppers for my lovely wife tonight. This is something I have never done before and kind of made up on the fly, as a guy may do from time to time. They worked out but I did some things that would have been easier if I would have looked for directions. So here we go from start to finish.

I started by cutting the tops off the peppers and then cleaning them out so I fill them. In hind site I should have cut them in half before cleaning them out. They cook better and are easier to work with. I ended up making some of them that way to.
The filling is real basic, cooked up some bacon, chopped it up. I added half a block of cream cheese, about a cup of graded cheddar cheese and the bacon. I had to warm up the cream cheese a bit to make it easier but that is it. This is the other part where having the peppers halved would have made it easier.
I used a butter knife to pack the whole peppers and then I pulled out some of our bread crumbs from the freezer and coated the cheese mix.
Now comes some of the guess work.
I put them into a small baking dish and as one set of directions I glanced at said "put a single layer". Really I didn't need that part spelled out, but there you have it.


Now comes the baking part, I baked at 350 Deg. for 20 to 30 mins until the bread crumbs start to brown and the cheese is melting. This is how they looked when they came out of the oven. OH yeah I do not know if this will make a difference or not but I did put them in the frigs for about an hour before cooking. I did this so I could have them ready when Erin got home. We of course had to use a bit of ranch to eat them with but they were great. This is what they looked like when we got done with them.

1 comment:

  1. These look so good! Our son loves these so I think he would really appreciate me making these for him. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment and for stopping by today!