Friday, May 13, 2011

Jam Making Class

     Wow what a great crazy night!  Last night Photo Dude and I taught our first Jam Making class for our local Community Education department.  The room we used was hot!  Felt just like canning in July for sure.  We made a strawberry-honey jam and while that was in the canner I showed them how quick you can whip up a batch of freezer jam.  Strawberry jam is probably my favorite and isn't that color just so pretty!  The class was a lot of fun and I can't wait to do more canning classes again in the fall.
 P.S.  If you were in my class last night here is the recipe for the bread I made that I brought with me.



2 comments:

  1. Hot or not, I wish I was there! I am going to try to can for the firs ttime this year, the first thing being strawberry jam.

    Great post. I am looing forward to followingn your blog. Awesome name to the blog. It made me chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog too! Can't wait to see what you can this year

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment and for stopping by today!