Monday, April 18, 2011

Finally Starting the Seeds

     This is what it looks like out my front window right now.  It is April 18th and we have snow!  What is crazier is that the weather station is saying up to three inches, come on really?! 
     At least last night we finally got our seeds started.  Here in Mid-Michigan it is pretty much impossible to say that frost is over until Memorial day.  Molly is learning about measurements at school so she read the backs of the seed packets and got the ruler out to make sure everything was planted at the right depth.  We really enjoyed the time together.   You can't really see it but there is a grid paper with a map of the garden beds on the table so that we knew how many of each seed to plant.  Each of the seed packets got a number and we wrote them in the garden journal with what each number means so that when it is time to transplant we will know where everything should go (hopefully).   I can't wait for the next few weeks to pass so that we can get these babies in the ground for real.   And no more snow darn it!


3 comments:

  1. yaaay sooo awesome! Now I can see pictures of kinda of how to start seeds, this will be my first time really growing anything! XD I hope I can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never had luck starting seeds like that. I commit to trying again! I am on the barn hop from Homestead Revival. Stop by MY BLOG when you get a chance...... I am having a giveaway!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! I am so ready to get our garden planted but it has rained so much here that the ground is still to wet. Hopefully soon though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment and for stopping by today!