Saturday, April 9, 2011

Mama's New Toy

Many moons ago Photo Dude and I had a 900 square foot apartment with a 4X6 foot linoleum kitchen floor to clean and a 5X10 foot ceramic tiled bathroom floor to clean.  Yes we had more floor space in the bathroom than the kitchen and yes our landlord was a guy.  One day out of the blue Photo Dude brought me home a Swiffer Wet Jet, I was ecstatic about it!  With two small areas that needed to be washed down it was perfect.  Fast forward a bit and we are living in a 890 square foot house with a little more linoleum in the kitchen and laundry room and the bathroom that needed to be scrubbed.  The Swiffer was still perfect I thought.  Next we move to our fabulous new house with A LOT more hard flooring that needs to be scrubbed.  When we moved Photo Dude and I knew that we were tired of all the disposable things in our lives so we got the sponge mop.  I hated it immediately for all the reasons that are on the TV commercial.  I continued to use the Swiffer until we ran out of juice and batteries.  Then we got this!  It is the Rubbermaid Revel, you get to add in any cleaning agent that you want to and the scrubbing pad is washable.   I would say that the Revel works pretty much the same as the Swiffer but it does spray a bit higher so watch your lower cabinets.  I just loved that I wasn't using commercial cleaners or something disposable so I thought I would share my new toy :)

Easy floor cleaning solution
      1/2 C. white vinegar
      2 C. water

the vinegar smell goes away once it dries.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for popping by my blog


    http://theirlifewastooshort.blogspot.com/

    and if you would like free traffic try this

    http://blogclicker.com/?username=Theirlifewastooshort

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment and for stopping by today!