Monday, April 4, 2011

Spinning Yarn From Wool

I have been meaning to post this for the last 2 weeks but I have been a little busy. So let me tell you about my spinning class. I went to our local yarn store to take a class with a very nice and patient man, Will, who walked me through the spinning processes. I being a little ADD and OCD need to learn with someone walking me step by step. I found it to be pretty easy and fun. Above is the product of my class. I am going to butcher the terms but there are a lot more than I would ever have thought. I took the batting and using the drop spindle turned it into the very small ball of yarn that you see. This yarn is is not ready for use it needs to be treated so it will not unravel when you use it. I will, when I have time be spinning a much larger ball of yarn and finish it off so my lovely wife can knit with it. I really enjoyed myself and can see myself doing this and getting a lot better looking yarn. I will be posting a much more detailed blog with the whole processes. I would encourage anyone who is interested in doing this to find some You Tube videos to learn from. There are a lot to choose from. Watch a few different ones before trying it yourself. If you have a video yourself or find one that you like please post it in the comment section of this post so others and myself can learn from it. Take care and as soon as I can I will post a much longer and more detailed post on this topic. Thanks Jeff A.K.A. Photo Dude.

P.S. I had a thought to link to the yarn shop in our town and found their blog. All the people at this shop are so nice to deal with and they have some very cool classes and products. So check out their Blog here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for stopping by today!