Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Sewing Tip

Just a quick tip for today.  We got this idea from one of the girls Photo Dude goes to Kendo with.  When sewing patches put the fabric around where you are going to work in an embroidery hoop to keep the fabric from shifting.  This really has helped because when I sew the patches on our uniforms they have fairly precise places they need to be.  With Photo Dude's hakama the fabric is quite thick and when I try to gather it all in my hand the patches have a tendency to not stay were I want them to.  I also like to tack the patches down on all sides once they are in the embroidery hoop.  Pinning them works sometimes but when the patches are designed to be ironed on (which never holds for crud) the pins don't usually like to go through and can put lumps in the fabric under the patch that can make your project lay flat when you are finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for stopping by today!