Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year! Reintroducing Ourselves

So we have been gone for far too long.  One blogger I follow had done the same and then reintroduced herself and I thought it was just clever so here we go.

Hi I'm Erin an early 30's stay at home mom of two and a wife.  My family started this blog to share our experiences as we try to become more self sufficient and a more 'homemade' family.  Everyone gets in on the act.  I teach through our Community Education program offering classes in card making, canning, green cleaning and more.  Jeff (my husband) is great with his hands he builds and makes possible all my crazy ideas.  He is the heavy lifter and backbone of the family.  Molly is just starting to discover herself as a person (man is it scary sometimes).  She is wildly creative with huge ideas and her energy is off the charts.  So far gardening seems to really agree with her and she doesn't mind getting in there and getting dirty.  My Jack is a budding chef he loves to bring his stool into the kitchen and work along side me.

We love to cook, can, bake, preserve in the kitchen.  We make our own laundry soap and softener.  There is a garden in the yard and a dog by the front door.  This little house in the suburbs is always changing and we hope it is for the better for ourselves our community and our world. 

If you are new to our blog welcome and if you have been a member 'Thank you for sticking with us!'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for stopping by today!