Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Mexi-Meat


Of course right after I write my post about my stubborn computer the card reader starts working, gah!  So frustrating.  We had tostadas the other night for dinner very American style of course.  I even deep fried the corn tortillas myself and smoked up the whole darn house.  
Jeff ground the meat for me and it was the best part of the whole dinner.  We used pork butt from the butcher and it was so flavorful compared to buying it from the store pre-ground.  I would show you pictures but Jeff did this for me while the kids and I were at church and I forgot to ask him to take any.

Start with a three pound pork butt roast and trim the huge veins of fat from it.  Jeff used my grandpa's boning knife.  Grind all the meat once on a coarse grind.  Into the ground meat mix in 1 Tbsp of chili powder, 1/2 tsp each garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper, dried Mexican oregano (or regular) 1 tsp paprika, 1 Tbsp cumin, 2 tsp kosher salt, 2 tsp fresh ground black pepper.  Mix this in with your hands.  Run back through the finer holes on your grinder this will incorporate the seasonings beautifully and evenly through the meat.  Just fry this up and enjoy how ever you love your Mexi-meat best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for stopping by today!